Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 6 Release notes.
This patch is completely compatible with the retail version - servers and
clients of any flavor can connect with each other.
This patch will not overwrite your ut2004.ini and user.ini files, except to
update settings as necessary. This patch
includes all changes made in Patches 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
This patch should be installed *after* installing the Epic ECE Bonus Pack, as
it updates some of the game code included
with the bonus pack.
- Fixed stuttering/snagging/sinking into static meshes in some places on
clients in net games
- Improved getting out of water
- Fixed FaceClassic teleporter exploit
- The Cicada hud indicators should now show up in all game modes.
- Fixed SPMA causing damage at world origin.
- Fixed not being able to exit raptor when it's on the ground
- Fixed (for assault) the energy core always showing on the HUD even if it not
the current objective (thanks AngelMapper)
- Server performance improvements
- Cheating detection improvements, with shorter time for master server ban
- Integration of UTAN bans with UT2004 master server. Admins can opt out by
adding bIgnoreUTANBans=true to [IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
- Fixed potential garbage collection crash when changing levels during network
- Improved caching of server data for when you can't connect to the master
- UTV updated (netspeed fix).
- Better Client->Server->MS Error Messages
- Added code to insure StopDemo is executed before a map change or game exit
- Remove 8x from the demo playback menu. The engine has problems with that
- Fixed bug in Demo Playback menu that caused the Play/Pause button to be out
- Added Demo playback jog keys to the console.
- Left Cursor slows down playback (1/4x -> 1/2x)
- Right cursor speeds ups playback (2x -> 4x)
- Up/Down cursor resets to 1x
- Disable by settings bDemoJogKeys=false in [XInterface.ExtendedConsole]
- Improved level loading speed, especially on network clients
- Fixed calling SetBase(NULL) on all attached actors when an actor is
- Fix for importing static meshes
- Model select page now properly selects the current character when you open
- Korean localization updates.
- VCTF now appears in server browser, even if you don't already have any VCTF
- Added code to sync the Stream (MP3) volume with normal music volume.