In der englischen Demo zu Combat Mission: Shock Force (Version 1.20) könnt ihr fünf Szenarios antesten, u.a. auch aus den Erweiterungen "Marines" und "British Forces". 1. "Pop Smoke" can now be aimed using the Face Command or current unit facing. The smoke will not fire until an existing Face Command is executed.
This brand new demo showcases the basic Shock Force game as well as the Marines Module and also the latest British Forces Module (modules sold separately from the basic game). The Combat Mission: Shock Force Demo will require approximately 1 Gigabyte of free space on your hard drive in order to install.
* Includes three scenarios which can be played as either US or Syrian
* Includes a fourth scenario featuring British units introduced in the newly released British Forces Module
* Includes a fifth scenario, "Demo Training" which was designed to only be played from the US perspective
* All multiplayer modes are active (TCP-IP, PBEM, Hotseat)
* You can access the full Game Editor, but the save function is disabled.
* The all new v1.20 game manual is included as a pdf file
* The demo scenarios are only in English. See Game Language Info below for more details on how to play these battles in other languages.
DEMO SCENARIO INFO:
* Demo Training, a small training scenario designed to familiarize new players to Combat Mission before engaging in "real" combat. (Blue play only)
* UK Out of the Wilderness: A mixed Mech Inf, Recce, and tank force fights to secure ground in preparation of a major attack.
* Smashing Steel: A Syrian mechanized force heads south as an American Stryker and tank force heads north. (Battle begins before dawn in the dark, but as time progresses and the sun rises, visibility and lighting will increase)
* Going to Town: Stryker infantry mix it up with the Syrian forces as they enter a small town.
* USMC Going to Town: Marines combined arms force fights it out with a Syrian force in a small town. The battlefield is the same as the Stryker based Going to Town scenario in order to highlight the differences between the units in each.
NEW v1.20 GAME FEATURES
This demo was built utilizing the very latest game version (v1.20) and offers many enhancements and improvements over previous game versions. In the very near future, a v1.20 patch will be released for existing CMSF and CMSF+Marines Module owners. The newly released British Forces Module also comes with these same features. Below is a brief list of some of the new v1.20 game features.
2. Floating icons for friendly units now briefly blink after sustaining a casualty.
3. Some units (currently just the Challenger 2 MBT and 51mm Light mortar, available ONLY as part of the British Forces Module) are capable of firing smoke ammunition. This is achieved by use of the new Target Smoke command or hotkey.
4. Spotters for indirect support weapons as well as on-map mortars (currently just the 51mm Light mortar available ONLY as part of the British Forces Module) are now able to target areas slightly outside of direct LOS under certain circumstances, such as when firing indirectly over a tall wall or just behind the crest of a hill.
5. Commanding Officers (CO) and Executive Officers (XO) are now represented by large star icons
6. Vehicle Crews may now "Bailout" when in the Editor or during Setup.
7. Soldiers are automatically boarded onto their vehicles in Quick Battles or the Editor when first purchased. Once the Setup Phase (Quick Battle) or Deploy Units (Editor) mode you may unload and reload as before.
8. Muzzle flame, smoke, dust, and other effects directly attached to enemy unit behavior are no longer shown unless the unit is already spotted by at least one friendly soldier.
9. Campaign players now have an option to switch between RealTime and WeGo Modes in between battles.
10. Campaign scripts can now specify a minimum and maximum overall campaign victory level based for any battle that ends the campaign.
11. Scenario game time limit has been increased to 4 hours, and reinforcement times have been adjusted accordingly.
12. AI Editor: landmines assigned to AI unit number 2 and higher move into the AI units painted setup zone.
13. Campaigns started using an earlier version of a Campaign can be continued with newer versions once the current battle being played has been completed.
In der englischen Demo zu Combat Mission: Shock Force (Version 1.20) könnt ihr fünf Szenarios antesten, u.a. auch aus den Erweiterungen "Marines" und "British Forces".
1. "Pop Smoke" can now be aimed using the Face Command or current unit facing. The smoke will not fire until an existing Face Command is executed.