Beta-Patch 1a für die deutsche Version von RollerCoaster Tycoon 3.
This README file contains helpful information regarding the RCT3 UPDATE 1A BETA
Atari is releasing this update beta in an effort to gain feedback from players.
By using the update, you agree to be bound by the Public Tester Agreement
reprinted at the end of this README.TXT file.
I - SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
II - PROVDING FEEDBACK REGARDING THIS UPDATE BETA
III - FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
IV - PUBLIC TESTER AGREEMENT
V - TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT
I - SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Windows® 98SE/Me/2000/XP (Windows® XP recommended)
Pentium® III 733 MHz or compatible (Pentium® 4 1.3 GHz or compatible
128 MB RAM; 256 MB for XP (256 MB; 384 MB for XP recommended)
HARD DISK SPACE
600 MB Free
4X Speed or faster (8X Speed or faster recommended)
ATI Radeon™ or 32 MB GeForce™ 2 or higher. (64 MB ATI Radeon recommended)*
Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP-compatible 16-bit sound card* (PC audio solution
containing Dolby Digital Live required
for Dolby Digital audio)
DirectX® version 9.0 (included with the retail release of the game) or
*Indicates device should be compatible with DirectX® version 9.0 or higher.
Windows Media CODEC version 9 is installed with the game. This technology is
also installed when updating to Windows Media Player 10.
II - PROVDING FEEDBACK REGARDING THIS UPDATE BETA
If you encounter problems after using this update, please send feedback to the
following email address:
Include the following information:
Windows Version (including service pack numbers, e.g., Windows XP Pro,
CPU Speed or model (e.g., Athlon 64 2800 or Pentium 4 3.06 GHz)
Video Card (e.g., ATI Radeon 9800)
Video Drivers version number (e.g. 6.14.0010.6414 (English))
System Memory (e.g., 512 MB RAM)
Sound Card (e.g., Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum)
DirectX version (e.g., 9.0c)
You may obtain this information by running DXDIAG and saving all the
information to a text file.
III - FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
UPDATE 1a BETA contains the following changes and improvements
• NEW GUEST LIST (PEEP THOUGHTS) WINDOW - A Guest List (peeps’ thoughts) window
is present in UPDATE 1a BETA and accessed by clicking on the ‘Guests’ button
located at the bottom of the Park Management buttons. The window allows you to
click on an icon to select either a view of all the individuals in the park or
a summarized list. You may also display either peep status or thoughts, and
control whether the information is presented in ascending or descending order.
The window lists only thoughts that are relevant to game-play. Additionally,
the appearance of the Attractions Management dialog box has been updated in
UPDATE 1a BETA. In the retail release of the game, feedback on how various
areas of your park are performing or being rated by the peeps is provided via
the Attractions Management dialog box – use the icons at the top of the dialog
box to switch between Rides, Shops and Facilities. Then, from the dropdown menu
below the icons, you may select what information the list displays, such as
Status, Popularity, Satisfaction, Weekly Profit, Queue Length, Queue Time,
Reliability, Down-Time, Guest’s Favorite. You can use the small arrow at the
top of the list to select whether the list is displayed in descending or
• QUEUE PATH ARRANGEMENT - In the retail release of the game, if there are two
or more queues whose entrances connect to the same grid square, peeps will only
go down the first queue they see, so only one of the rides connected to the
grid square will get any traffic. In UPDATE 1a BETA this is fixed so if there
are two or more queues whose entrances are connected to the same tile, people
will make an informed decision as to which ride to queue for rather than going
down the first queue they see.
• PEEP AWARENESS AND MAPS - Depending on the layout of your park, peeps may not
know your rides are there. By selling maps you can make all those peeps who buy
maps aware of all the rides in the park. Otherwise, as in a real park, peeps
will only know about the rides in their immediate vicinity. UPDATE 1a BETA
increases the "awareness distance" over which peeps who don’t have maps will be
aware of rides.
• PEEPS AND RIDES - UPDATE 1a BETA permits peeps to revisit rides that they
enjoyed before going on other rides, increases the chances individual guests
are more likely to go on rides, and causes very-high-intensity rides to be less
attractive to peeps.
• BLOCK BRAKE IMPROVEMENTS - UPDATE 1a BETA changes the function of block
brakes so that, in the case of a clear track ahead, the brakes section slows
down the train to the specified speed and permits it continue.
• COASTER RATING WILD FLUCTUATIONS - In the retail release of the game, coaster
ratings can fluctuate wildly especially those with multiple trains. These
problems are fixed in UPDATE 1a BETA.
• EMPLOYEES NOW STAY IN ASSIGNED AREAS - In UPDATE 1a BETA, in most cases,
employees stay in their assigned areas even if they have nothing to do.
• POWERED LAUNCH - UPDATE 1a BETA adds powered launch modes to the following
Compact Inverted Coaster
Inverted Vertical Shuttle
Lay Down Coaster
Stand Up Twister
Vertical Drop Coaster
Inverted Hairpin Coaster
Mini Suspended Flying Coaster
Multi Dimensional Coaster
Suspended Swinging Coaster
• FLICKERING LIGHTS - UPDATE 1a BETA reduces flickering lights by causing cars
to switch off their lights when approaching a loading station, and adding
lights to loading stations.
• MAXIMUM HEIGHTS - In UPDATE 1a BETA, track rides’ maximum heights have been
increased by 50% and coasters’ maximum heights have been increased by 20%
(except Air Powered, Reverse Freefall, and Strata Coaster). In addition, a
cheat is present in both the retail release of the game and UPDATE 1a BETA,
whereby renaming any peep John Wardley removes all height restrictions.
• FLIPPING CARS - In the retail release of the game, if a Floorless coaster is
built with a particular track piece (flat diagonal chain) the car flips upside
down; the offending piece has been fixed and is included in UPDATE 1a BETA.
• GENTLE RIDES TICKET PRICES - In the retail release of the game, gentle rides
had to have a low price set to get peeps on the rides making it difficult to
earn a significant profit. In UPDATE 1a BETA these rides have been made more
attractive to peeps so that the rides are more likely to generate good profits.
• RIDES, SHOPS AND FACILITATES BREAKDOWN FREQUENCY - UPDATE 1a BETA contains
code which greatly reduces the frequency of rides, shops and facilities
breaking down compared to those of the retail release of the game. Note - The
update does not affect saved games; items already placed in a level may need to
break down once before the new rate takes effect.
• NUMBER OF COASTER CARS - UPDATE 1a BETA ensures car trains are not allowed to
be longer than a tilt section or thrill lift on the appropriate coaster, and
removes the too-restrictive limit on the maximum number of cars per train for
the following coaster cars:
Buffalo Stampede Coaster car
Floorless Coaster car
Giga Coaster car
Standup Twister car
Bowie Knife Car
Bullet Coaster Car
Cannon Coaster Car
Flying Turns Bobsleigh Car
Ghoster Coaster Car
Inverse Impulse Car
Inverted Wild Mouse Car
Junior Ladybird Car
Junior Log Car
LIM Coaster Car
Looping Snake Coaster Car
Maggot Coaster Car
Min Coaster Rocket Car
Mini Coaster Toboggan Car
Retro Monorail Car
Shooting Star Car
Side Friction Car
Twister Coaster Car
Water Coaster Car
Wild Mine Mouse Car
Wild Mouse Car
Wooden Wild Mouse Car
• REDUCED FREQUENCY OF PEEP COMPLAINTS FOR QUEUE TIMES - UPDATE 1a BETA
contains code which increases the amount of time before peeps start complaining
about queue times.
• LITTER - In UPDATE 1a BETA, peeps drop litter less frequently compared to the
retail release of the game.
• WATER RIDES SOUND EFFECTS - In the retail release of the game, water rides
have the sound effects for a steel coaster, with no water sounds. This has been
fixed in UPDATE 1a BETA.
• GO KARTS SOUND EFFECTS - In the retail release of game, the Go Karts sound
very loud. This is fixed in UPDATE 1a BETA.
• FREQUENCY OF MOST DISAPPOINTING PENALTY - In the retail release of the game,
the “Most Disappointing” fine can appear frequently. The threshold at which
this fine kicks in has been modified and the frequency of the fine has been
reduced in UPDATE 1a BETA.
• BENCHES - UPDATE 1a BETA contains code which reduces the frequency of wooden
benches being vandalized compared to that of the retail release of the game,
and increases the rate at which guests regain energy after having sat on
• SCENERY VISIBILITY TOGGLE CAUSES SOME GRAPHICS TO SHIFT - In the retail
release of the game, if you use the Scenery Visibility toggle, trees and rides
can be seen shifting all over the screen. This was a bug due to graphical
matrix palettes not being set correctly in some circumstances. UPDATE 1a BETA
fixes this problem.
• COMPATIBILITY - UPDATE 1a BETA addresses a number of compatibility issues
which could cause instability in the retail release of the game on some systems
. Ensure you have up-to-date device drivers that are known to be good and
update the game. (See the FAQ section "Why does my game suffer from frame-rate
slowdown / lags, graphical glitches, crashes?" for a complete discussion on the
topic of known-good drivers)
• COASTER CAR STALLS - UPDATE 1a BETA fixes splashboats car rolling back at top
of lift hill and log flume stopping on some flat track pieces. Additionally it
contains a new ‘cheat’ – renaming any peep "Andrew Thomas" decreases track
friction, which can help when importing some RCT1 or 2 coasters into RCT3.
• QUEUE LINE MALFUNCTIONS AFTER TERRAIN EDITING - In UPDATE 1a BETA editing the
terrain occupied by queues is no longer allowed.
• FIREWORKS TUTORIAL - In UPDATE 1a BETA, while playing the tutorial, if you
double click on firework markers, the colors modifier window no longer appears.
• MAPS - UPDATE 1a BETA ensures that all scenery items are colored correctly on
• TERRAIN RESIZIING - UPDATE 1a BETA fixes a bug in the retail release of the
game which can cause corruption when terrain is re-sized.
• FRONT SCREEN MENU - UPDATE 1a BETA fixes front screen menu glitch in the
retail game which occurs after a change of screen resolution.
• PEEP VIEWPORT - In UPDATE 1a BETA, intermittent bright lines from the peep
viewport are eliminated.
• RIDE MUSIC - in UPDATE 1a BETA ride music is synchronised when rides share
the same track.
• PINCERS - In UPDATE 1a BETA the peep pincer grips staff in the correct place.
• COASTERCAM - UPDATE 1a BETA fixes a graphical glitch that occurs in the
retail version when you pause the game and then enter CoasterCam.
• WINDOWS ME - UPDATE 1a BETA contains a bug-fix for a misaligned mouse cursor
in WindowsME after a screen settings change.
• ATTRACTION NAMING - In UPDATE 1a BETA, new attractions are named in sequence
from "Attraction 1" instead of "Attraction 01"
• CLOSING TIME - UPDATE 1a BETA allows park closing time to be set to 24:00.
• SAVED GAMES - In UPDATE 1a BETA the day-of-month is stored and displayed in
saved games, and the game doesn’t reset vendor uniform colours when loading
• PARK INSPECTOR - In UPDATE 1a BETA the Park Inspector no longer has a number
after his name.
• RIDE OPERATION PANEL - In UPDATE 1a BETA the Ride Operation Panel has been
re-arranged to ensure the speed spinner does not overlap
• WATER FLOW VISUALS - In UPDATE 1a BETA water flow visuals on coasters have
• REVOLUTION - In Update#1 BETA the animation loop on Revolution ride has been
• UNICODE - In UPDATE 1a BETA Avatar families names can contain UNICODE
• OPTIMIZATION - UPDATE 1a BETA contains improved performance while rendering
some fences .
• AUTO-CONFIG - In UPDATE 1a BETA an auto-config button has been added to the
graphics settings panel (to allow a ‘reset to factory values’ of graphical
parameters), and the auto-config function chooses 1024x768 instead of 800x600
for High Quality.
• LOCALIZATION - UPDATE 1a BETA allows for localized names for carried items,
ride cars and has improved localized date-time formatting.
• STAFF QUIT MESSAGE - UPDATE 1a BETA adds a message that is displayed when a
staff member quits.
• HAPPINIESS - In UPDATE 1a BETA, guests become unhappy when they feel sick,
and staff become unhappy when they are bored.
• THOUGHT ICONS - In Update#1, clipping for peep thought icons is fixed.
• RAINING - In Update#1 BETA, some rides are flagged as under-cover so they can
be used when raining, and a rain weather effect is added.
• CAR CRASHES - In UPDATE 1a BETA, if a car crashes, the connected link cars
• VERSION NUMBER - UPDATE 1a BETA displays the executable version number in the
program info dialog.
IV - PUBLIC TESTER AGREEMENT
Please read this agreement. By downloading and installing this
software, you agree to be bound by the terms hereunder. This software is being
release under a public beta testing program for the update, known as “RCT3 Beta
Update 1a,” for the “RollerCoaster Tycoon 3” game (the “Update”) which is
currently under development by Atari Interactive, Inc. (“Atari”). This public
beta test program is an opportunity for you to experience the benefits of the
Update before its release to the general public. This notice shall serve as an
agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and Atari, with regard to your
participation in the beta testing program.
In consideration of the mutual covenants contained in this Agreement,
the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, you and Atari
agree as follows:
1. Testing Services. You will have the opportunity to access and use the
Update. Atari respectfully requests that you provide feedback regarding your
game-play experience using the Update, including issues such as usability, bug
reports, overall impressions, and any other information relating to the Update
(the “Feedback”). You agree that you shall receive no compensation for
participating in the beta testing program. You understand and acknowledge
that Atari may use built-in tracking features to obtain information regarding
use of the beta test process, and agree that this information is the property
2. Limited License. You are entitled to access, download or install, and
operate the Update solely for the purposes of performing your obligations under
this Agreement. You may not sell, license, or transfer the Update, or
reproductions of the Update to other parties in any way. You may download or
install, and operate Update only one copy of the Update for each retail copy of
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 that you own. You may not network the Update or
otherwise use the Update on more than one computer or computer terminal at the
3. Term. This Agreement shall commence on the date above, and shall
continue in effect until you have completed testing the Update and provided all
Feedback to Atari, or unless terminated by Atari. Atari may terminate this
Agreement at any time through reasonable public announcements in a manner and
time of Ataris choosing and without any other notice to you.
4. Facilities. All your testing shall be done at your own facilities, and
all necessary supplies, including appropriate computer equipment, shall be
supplied by you. Atari agrees to provide you with appropriate software and
access codes to Atari’s beta test site, if any, as may be reasonably necessary
in order for you to test the Update and perform your obligations under this
5. Protection of Confidential Information. During the course of
performing your obligations under this Agreement, you may have access to
computer software, business methods or other technical or business information
which is not generally known and which is proprietary to Atari and/or to
parties affiliated with Atari (“Confidential Information”). Specifically, you
agree to treat as Confidential Information all information concerning the
Update or of which you are otherwise made aware in connection with performing
your obligations under this Agreement, including without limitation, the
Feedback, any technical or business information Atari provides to you in
connection with this Agreement, regardless of whether it is specifically
designated as confidential and regardless of whether it is in written, oral,
electronic, or other form. The Confidential Information may include, without
limitation, trade secrets, know-how, inventions, game interfaces, technical
data or specifications, testing methods, business or financial information,
research and development activities, product and marketing plans, and customer
and supplier information. You agree that you shall maintain all Confidential
Information in strict confidence; and will use all Confidential Information
only for the purposes stated in this Agreement. You agree to maintain all the
Confidential Information in confidence during the term and after termination of
this Agreement, and agree not to disclose or permit access by any third party
to any Confidential Information, unless Atari expressly permits you to do so.
6. Ownership. You agree that all right, title, and interest to the
Feedback, and any inventions relating to an improvement of the Update conceived
or made as a result of your participation shall be Atari’s property, and may be
used and disclosed by Atari for any purpose. To the extent that any portion of
your Feedback is protectable by copyright, you agree that it has been specially
ordered and commissioned by Atari and is a “work made for hire”, and that Atari
shall be considered the “author” of the Feedback and the sole and exclusive
owner throughout the world of copyright in the Feedback. In the event that any
portion of the Feedback is protectable by copyright but does not qualify as a
“work made for hire”, you hereby assign and agree to assign to Atari all right,
title, and interest in and to the copyright in the Feedback or in any portion
of the Feedback. All right, title, and interest to the Update remains the
property of Atari, and is protected by copyright and other intellectual
7. No Alterations/Return of Material. You shall not alter or remove any
proprietary legend or notice from any Confidential Information, the Update, or
any other material supplied to you by /or Atari, or attempt to copy, modify,
transfer, decompile or reverse engineer any Confidential Information, the
Update, or other such material. Upon Atari’s request during the term of this
Agreement, and upon termination of this Agreement, you agree to turn over to
Atari all copies of the Feedback and all copies of documents or other media in
any form, written or mechanical, which contain Confidential Information,
whether created by you or furnished to you by Atari.
8. Remedies. You acknowledge that if you breach any of the provisions of
Paragraphs 5 or 7, Atari would suffer irreparable damage. You therefore agree
that if you do breach any of these provisions, in addition to provable damages
and reasonable attorneys’ fees, Atari shall be entitled to enjoin such breach
and to obtain specific performance of such provisions in any court of competent
9. LIMITED WARRANTY. THE UPDATE SHALL BE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN AS IS
BASIS ONLY. ATARI, AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTY OR
CONDITION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, REGARDING THE UPDATE.
ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED
WARRANTY THAT THE UPDATE IS FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND THE IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY ARE EXPRESSLY AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES. ATARI, AND ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND/OR
ANY OTHER PARTY WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, PROMOTION
AND MARKETING OF THE UPDATE, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER,
FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, TORT,
CONTRACT, OR ANY DIRECT OR GENERAL DAMAGES, THAT YOU MIGHT INCUR AS A RESULT OF
YOUR USE AND TESTING OF THE UPDATE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO
THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS
11. Miscellaneous. You agree that you shall be acting as an independent
contractor and shall not be considered, or represent yourself as, an agent,
employee, joint venturer, or partner of Atari. This Agreement shall be binding
upon and inure to the benefit of our respective successors and assigns,
however, you may not assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, without
Atari’s prior written consent. No waiver of any default, condition or breach
of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any other default, condition or
breach of this Agreement, whether of a similar nature or otherwise. This
Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York and we both
agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and waive any objections to
the venue of, the state and federal courts of the State of New York for any
dispute relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement
represents the entire agreement between us and may only be modified by an
instrument in writing signed by both of us.
If these terms are not acceptable, please uninstall the software. (If
you are under 18 years old, please have your parent or guardian review this
Agreement before using the software.) We look forward to working with you.
V - TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT
© 2004 Atari Interactive, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the
property of their respective owners.
© 2004 Chris Sawyer, Programming © 2004 Frontier Developments Ltd. Developed by
Frontier Developments Ltd.
Pentium is a trademark or registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its
subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Windows and DirectX are
a trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation or its
subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
ATI and RADEON are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of ATI Technologies
Portions utilize Microsoft Windows Media Technologies. Copyright ©1999-2002
Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved
UPDATE 1A BETA Readme v1