Rush for Berlin 1.1 patch notes
This patch brings ALL previous language versions up to 1.1 (multiplayer compatible)
I. Feature changes/modifications
II. Bug fixes
IV. Known issues
I. Feature changes/modifications:
- The multiplayer screen has been modified slightly to be more user friendly: your team color can be chosen from a dropdown list now. Also signalling that you are ready (to start the game) has been streamlined - it can be done in the list and at the bottom of the screen.
- You can select the option to be assigned a random nation.
- Units will now display the effective range of their skills (with light cyan colored dots).
- The damage done by a rocket launcher has been decreased, but the armor piercing value has been increased (thus it's weaker against infantry and slightly stronger against armor).
- The "High Pressure" skill for flamethrowers now works against vehicles as well.
- The Autoupdate function will now work with Gamespy.
- Several production costs have been changed.
- Recon vehicles are slightly weaker (less hitpoints).
- Truck type units can move easier (fewer obstacles can block them).
- The machine gun damage done by tanks has been changed. A heavy tank's machine gun does less damage to infantry while a small/medium tank's machine gun does more damage.
- Mobile artillery units are slightly weaker (less hitpoints).
- Damage was increased for all fire type weapons (flamethrower, molotov cocktail, crocodile tank).
- The following units have been strengthened: M26 (improved armor and hitpoints) and M7 Priest (improved damage).
- Open vehicles have a longer sightrange.
- Less points are now awarded for killing units in RUSH mode.
- In Rush mode, it is the team's score that counts toward winning (not the individual's score).
- Anti-tank vehicles are more maneuverable.
- the AI was enhanced to capture buildings more effectively.
II. Bug fixes
- Unnecessary delay at the end of the 1st Russian mission has been removed.
- In the 3rd French mission it was possible to complete then fail an optional objective (preventing the launch of the missiles). This has been fixed.
- In the 4th French mission all medic packs will now work correctly.
- In the 6th Western Allied mission it was possible to "fail" a main objective (on the statistics page). Now there is a new secret objective (save 80% of the convoy) and the main objective is correctly handled.
- Several small bugs were fixed in RISK mode (grammatically incorrect or confusing messages, unbalanced tasks etc.).
- A major bug was fixed which caused multiple polygons to appear in the game, thus slowing it down. This was particularly problematic in large multiplayer games as it built up faster there.
- 2 random crashes (memory overwrites) were found and fixed.
- Several typos were corrected in tooltips.
- The mouse cursor now disappears when ingame cutscenes are played.
- Some killed units were calculated twice in statistics.
- Several Gamespy error messages were incorrect (displayed bad information).
- Several skills were corrected (Dead-Eye, Photo Recon, Tank Barrier and more).
- The profile now correctly holds the difficulty information set by the player (it won't constantly revert back to the Medium difficulty level).
- Units could sometimes get stuck when using the Tank Barrier skill.
- Tank barriers now correctly block the movement of vehicles.
- The winning condition was being incorrectly reported in Domination mode. This has now been fixed.
- When killing neutral units in RISK mode, the score was not being calculated correctly. This has now been fixed.
- Gamespy is supposed to verify your online CD key once when you first start playing the game. Instead, it is mistakenly verifying the CD key each time you start the game. This has now been fixed.
- Unit limit in multiplayer has now an improved interface.
- The autosave message is now a fade-out message and therefore won't interfere with other texts on screen in most cases.
- Buffs with negative effects now have a reddish frame shown in the affect icons on the right interface.
- Corrected formatting for objective status texts.
IV. Known issues
- There is a random crash (memory overwrite) we were unable to locate yet. Usually it appears as "memory segmentation error". The problem is that we were unable to reproduce it in debug mode and without the debugging features of C++ it is very hard to locate the bug itself.
- We apologize for any inconvenience this bug has caused and we are trying to solve it ASAP. We have, however, taken measures to stabilize the game that should reduce the likelihood of this bug appearing.
- To underline how seriously we handle this issue, on behalf of our technical director we offer a "VIP RfB kit" (everything in the collector's edition and more) to the person who is able to send us a savegame from which we are able to reproduce and correct this bug!
We will give out a hotfix immediately with the name of the winner, who can also claim the title of "Ultimate bugfinder in RfB" forever!
WHEN YOU INSTALL THIS PATCH, YOUR OLD SAVEGAMES WITHIN MISSIONS CANNOT BE LOADED ANYMORE! HOWEVER THE CAMPAIGN STATE REMAINS, SO YOU CAN RESTART ANY LEVEL - YOUR OVERALL ADVANCEMENT WON'T BE LOST. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THIS CHANGE HAS CAUSED.
Although we have dedicated lots of hours of testing for Rush for Berlin, we cannot guarantee that it will run flawlessly on your system. But we are dedicated to correct the errors in RfB, therefore if you encounter a problem, you can contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please try to provide the following information in your report:
1) A detailed description of the bug
2) A savegame
3) An explanation of how to reproduce the bug
4) The version of your exe file (preferably the latest)
5) Your system information.
Please note that we may not be able to correct performance related issues and bugs that cannot be reproduced from the data you provide. Thank you for your understanding!