Patch 1.4 für den Ego-Shooter Prey
This patch will work the existing registered versions of Prey (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3)
- Includes compatibility files for the Japanese release of Prey.
- The disc check is removed from the game.
There are no bug fixes or new content in this release. The release is backwards compatible with Prey v1.2 and v1.3 in multiplayer. Includes 1.4 of the dedicated server files for Windows. Unless some catastraophic bug is discovered, this is intended to be the final patch for the game.
1) This update includes compatibility files for the Mac port of Prey (meaning PC users can play against Mac users and vice versa).
2) There are no bug fixes or new content in this release.
3) This release is backwards compatible with Prey 1.2 multiplayer.
4) There are new server files available. Windows versions come with the patch, Linux versions are available separately.
5) In order for a Mac user to play on a PC pure server, the server they are on must have the v1.3 server files.
Prey add-on / update to version 1.2
This add-on includes new maps and multiplayer models as well as a number of bug fixes from previous versions. Please note that this version is network incompatible with previous versions, so by installing this version you will not be able to join any 1.0 or 1.1 multiplayer servers.
This add-on includes four new multiplayer maps and six new multiplayer characters.
New DeathMatch Maps:
The original DM maps in Prey were best suited for 4-8 players. The maps in this add-on were designed for smaller number of players, especially for 1v1 or 2v2 play.
DM Gravity Lab: DMGravityLab takes place on board a floating extension of the Sphere's main Spindle. Players will find themselves running along wallwalk and hanging catwalks all throughout the map. Snipers get to have fun this time around with a large outdoor section complete with wallwalk platforms and portals. Designed for 6 players.
DM Topillogical: The first Prey DM map to feature Outward Gravity. Run 360 degrees around the inside of a giant Sphere to get the best firing position on your enemies. Intriguing side-rooms offer gravity-warping corridors and devious wall-walk ammo depots. Fast-paced action for 4 players.
DM Tunnel Rat: Danger lurks in all directions but down in this maze-running map designed for 6 players. Sharp twists and turns conceal danger at every corner, but eyes up! A mirrored version of the maze forms the ceiling above you.
DM Space Oddity: DM Space Oddity is designed for 4 players and features a large central crossover room with perpendicular gravity pathways. Rack up the kills by dominating the crossover with a rocket launcher!
New Multiplayer Models:
Several new character models are available in DM, three female characters and two alien characters:
Jen: Jen is Tommy's girlfriend, and the owner of the Roadhouse bar. Don't let her dainty looks fool you: all those years of serving drinks to random travelers have toughened her up and made her quite the ass-kicker.
Becky: This young blonde is an unfortunate victim of the Sphere. First aliens abduct her and now she finds herself fighting for her life in a deathmatch arena!
Elhuit: The leader of a race of humans who managed to hide and survive living on the Sphere for centuries.
Alien Hunter: The Hunter is part of a race taken by the Sphere long ago. Now the Hunter serves as one of the chief minions of the Sphere, acting as an enforcer force for any humans who try to escape.
Elite Alien Hunter: Same badass Hunter, cooler-looking armor.
This update also includes a number of bug fixes:
* Network protocol version bump (will no longer be able to see 1.1 or 1.0 servers)
* Installer will now update uninstaller. This fixes the missing installer problem.
* Game DLL interface bump for upcoming mod SDK release (so mods will only work with v1.2)
* Fix for a weapon switch exploit