Kostenlose Open Source-Vollversion von UFO: Alien Invasion Version 2.31 für Windows (Screenshots; vergleichbar mit UFO: Enemy Unknown oder X-COM: Terror from the Deep) Bugfixes Features Version 2.20 Gameplay:
A few of the highlights:
-Reaction fire now working properly.
-Several map adjustments fix inaccessible portions of Harvester UFOs and bad alignment of dropships.
-Fixes to the fuel bug where Phalanx craft would erroneously report out of fuel errors.
-Interceptor radar now cleaned on landing so previously detected UFOs appear on next flight.
-Several UI bugs squashed.
-Sound and music problems fixed.
-Fixes savegames with "Base ON RED ALERT" bug.
-Fixes dropship transfers if the destination base does not have enough living quarters space.
-Fixes UTF-8 character encoding problems which could lead to corrupted saves in non-latin languages.
-Faulty missions where UFOs disappeared are now working properly.
-Soldiers en route to a mission can no longer take part in base defense.
Monthly update for September, 2010
* fixed pk3 creation
* extended unittests
* new textures
* new build system
* updated cursor pics
* updated and new sounds
* updated rpg model
* fixed a bug in unsorted filelists for loading scripts
* patch #3067252 (Fix LE not found error when swappin ammo from the floor)
* applied patch #3066156 (Ammo swap fix)
* fixed roq cinematic
* implemented scriptable actor skins
* implemented better physics for particles
* fixed memory leaks and thread related game lib problems (bug #3048626 (Mission Hanging on completion)
* fixed console history buffer
* crash aircraft on geoscape if their homebase (/hangar) destroyed and cannot be redirected
* fixed an assert bug in B_MoveAircraftOnGeoscapeToOtherBases logic
* new and updated weapon sounds
* updated sequences
* updated sounds and music tracks
* updates on +hills theme
* fixed bug #3062673 (Order to aircraft implies segmentation fault)
* new and updated prefabs
* move aircraft out from base structure
* updated +city RMA
* feature request #3061181 (UFORadiant : Mark unlicensed files)
* GPLed some more textures
* introduced G_ActorModifyCounters to fix bug #3056168 (victory screen bug)
* Added bloodspider autopsy research image
* fixed brush model world positions (wrong door positions)
* stunned actor animation particle
* sequence integration inside UI
* removed unused models
* fixed bug #3059425 (dark traces on battle screen) - opengl state leak (blend)
* changed windows binary name for the ufoai dedicated server from ufo_ded.exe to ufoded.exe
* only include visible actors in the spotted-enemies-calculation
* count visible enemies each time an actor appears, dies or disappears
* new normal- and specular maps
* reworked aircraft transfer
* fixed aircraft healthbar visible when aircraft is not
Monthly update for August, 2010
* Player related:
o Re-balancing of the campaign
o Rework game option interface
o Translation update (Finnish, Russian, Ukrainian)
o Create and update a lot of weapon/bullet/explosion effects
o New music for campaign (intro, geoscape...)
o Add and rework a lot of sound effect (foot step, geoscape event, weapon...)
o Allow transporting aliens to other bases
o Maps improvement (new tiles for Japan theme, rework of light for City theme, new Hills theme), and fixes.
o Introduced rcon_address to control a remote server without being connected to it
* Work in progress:
o Replace a lot of textures/sounds with free content
o Enabling 2x2 pathfinding
o Implemented HTTP download support for random map assemblies
o Work around stunned actors (animation, effects, behaviours)
o Work around rescue mission
o Many clean up, refactoring and bug fixes
* For hackers:
o Improvement of the particle engine with more supported effects
o Refactoring of the sequence code as a widget. Adding new commands to manage sound and music
o New prefabs
o Character statistics are now scriptable
o Actor skin descriptions are now scriptable
o Add glowmap support for material system
* Commit message contest:
o "Step 4 of...uh.. 2 OK, so there were plenty more than two steps - sue me." --Destructavator
A few highlights of what's new in version 2.3
* Complete overhaul of the campaign system, so that alien activity changes depending on the player's actions
* New capabilities for the rendering engine, including bumpmapping, specular lighting, glowmapping, flare support, texture blending and more
* A new tactical overhead map
* Alien bases have been added and the player can mount an assault on them
* Support for crashed UFO missions
* Overhauls of the map editor
* Loads of new maps and new tiles for existing maps that are randomly generated
* New weapons
* New music and sound effects
* And loads of behind-the-scenes optimizations and tweaks for everything from the pathfinding to the user interface
Read the full Changelog for 2.3 here: Changelog
-UFO crash sites
-New technologies and new game content
-Solaris and MacOSX port (ppc and intel)
-Random map assemblies
-New network and renderer code (SDL only)
- 3D Geoscape - possible to select in options.
- Target to different height levels for shooting using the shift key.
- Tip of the Day.
- Implemented capacities for base facilities.
- Implemented dependencies for base facilities.
- Aircraft slots to get several aircraft items per aircraft.
- Air interceptions.
- Base defense against UFO raid.
- Personel and aircrafts transfer between bases.
- UFO crash.
- Footstep sounds.
- Added e-mails.
- Ambient sounds via misc_sound entity
Bugfixes and code cleanup or improvement
- Solaris port (thanks McMurlock)
- Mac PowerPC (and maybe also PS3) port
- Reimplemented the transfer code.
- RoQ support (cutscenes).
- OGG-Vorbis support for sound effects.
- New memory subsystem which fixes most of the memleaks we had in our old code.
- Better item descriptions in UFOpedia and other menus.
- Fixed Intel graphic card support.
- New network code.
- Merged client and renderer code
- Video subsystem now uses SDL on every plattform
- Merged client and sound driver code
- Sound subsystem now uses SDL on every plattform
- Improved sound system (no more sound stuttering)
- Faster map loading
- Bugfixes for random map assembly code
- Bugfixes for overlapping texts
Offizielle Website: The UFO: AI development team is proud to announce the release of UFO: Alien Invasion Version 2.1. This version features many great improvements over 2.0 and tons of new content, such as new aliens, new weapons, new maps, new base facilities, new research options and better multiplayer support. Many of the bugs that plagued version 2.0 have been eliminated.
As the main task in 2.1, the UFOpaedia has been filled and expanded with hundreds of new and detailed texts containing full equipment descriptions, the history of the world since 2007, more information about the start of the invasion, and tons of other background flavour. The research system and UFOpaedia display have been overhauled to take full advantage of the new texts.
UFO:AI 2.1 also gives players the first glimpses of the upcoming campaign storyline which we will be implementing fully over the next few versions.
* First significant steps towards implementing the storyline.
* Dozens of new, in-depth UFOpedia texts and descriptions.
* New maps
o industrial, estate, bridge, oriental
* New weapons
o Micro Shotgun, Machine Pistol, Heavy Laser Rifle
* New alien race (Shevaar)
* Many new and updated models, sounds and music tracks
o Heavily improved multiplayer support
o Master server
* Improved the engine to make it more stable and portable
* Base management
o Implemented alien containment
o Base transfers partially implemented
o Finally implemented the hospital
o New popup menu when firing/using a gun.
o Weapons can now have more than 2 firemodes.
* Lots of bugfixes
It is the year 2084. You control a secret organisation charged with defending Earth from a brutal alien enemy. Build up your bases, prepare your team, and dive head-first into the fast and flowing turn-based combat.
UFO: ALIEN INVASION is a squad-based tactical strategy game in the tradition of the old X-COM PC games, but with a twist. Our game combines military realism with hard science-fiction and the weirdness of an alien invasion. The carefully constructed turn-based system gives you pin-point control of your squad while maintaining a sense of pace and danger.
Over the long term you will need to conduct research into the alien threat to figure out their mysterious goals and use their powerful weapons for your own ends. You will produce unique items and use them in combat against your enemies. If you like, you can even use them against your friends with our multiplayer functionality.
'UFO: Alien Invasion'. Endless hours of gameplay -- absolutely free.
The game takes a lot of inspiration from the X-COM series by Mythos and Microprose. However, it's neither a sequel nor a remake of any X-COM or other commercial title. What we as a team wanted to make is a brand new experience that tries to surpass the quality of games from 1992, rather than simply recreate them with flashier graphics.
We also believe that open-source projects don't need to be disorganised or badly-managed. We work together in a friendly and professional way, with a clear vision for a game that we know is worth playing.
Like the original X-COM games, UFO:AI has two main modes of play: Geoscape mode and Tactical mode. In Geoscape mode, the game is about base management and strategy. You manage the activities and finances of PHALANX, controlling bases, installations, aircraft and squads of armed-response troops. You'll research new technologies and use their results in battle against the aliens. You'll launch your interceptor aircraft to shoot down UFOs and dispatch dropships in response to alien activity across the globe. You can build, buy and produce anything you like, as long as your technology level and your budget will allow it.
Geoscape mode employs easy-to-use time buttons to control the passage of time however you like, automatically pausing whenever there's an important message for you to see. Research will progress and items will be produced as time passes.
In Tactical mode, the game is about taking command of your team in various missions to combat the aliens wherever they might appear. Instead of pushing imperonal armies around on giant maps, you use only the team of soldiers you've assigned to deal with this mission -- the same soldiers which you've managed and equipped to your satisfaction in Geoscape mode. You may find civilians and other bystanders during the mission, being targeted and executed by the aliens, or just getting in the way while you're trying to protect them. It's a dangerous world, and some of your men will die.
Tactical mode uses a turn-based system, where your team and the aliens take turns to make moves. During your turn you can order your troops to move around, fire their weapons, throw grenades or use other equipment, etc. Each soldier gets a certain number of Time Units (TUs), representing the total time they have to act during the current turn. All actions in Tactical mode require Time Units to perform. Once a soldier is out of Time Units, he or she can't do anything more until the next turn.
Your mission objectives will vary for each mission, and there are many to perform as the aliens' terrifying plot unfolds. You'll have to watch your back, be quick on your feet, and take the fight to them.
If you don't, humanity is doomed.
Kostenlose Open Source-Vollversion von UFO: Alien Invasion Version 2.31 für Windows (Screenshots; vergleichbar mit UFO: Enemy Unknown oder X-COM: Terror from the Deep)