Pünktlich zur Veröffentlichung des ersten Zusatzpakets für Red Faction: Guerrilla hat Volition dem Shooter auch einen Patch spendiert. Der bietet neben diversen Bugfixes auch Neuerungen wie einen frischen Spielmodus. Auch schaltete man vier Wrecking Crew-Karten frei, die bisher Vorbestellern vorbehalten waren.
- New Wrecking Crew mode - Challenge Mode: There are 3 rounds of distinct submode/weapon/backpack settings per level. Each participant plays through all 3 rounds to try to get the highest score possible. Challenge Mode is the best way to enjoy WC by yourself, and we're also allowing all modes to be played with a single player.
- Wrecking Crew Leaderboards: Your scores for Challenge Mode only are automatically uploaded to leaderboards (1 per level) so you can compare how youre doing against your friends and the world.
- Bonus Wrecking Crew levels unlocked: The 4 pre-order bonus WC levels are now unlocked for everyone, giving you 10 levels in which to blow everything away.
- Weapon and Backpack disabling in Multiplayer: Prevent any specific backpacks or weapons from spawning in a level within a custom match.
- XP multiplier for matchmaking playlists: Double XP playlists are now possible (and will be used).
- Ore Deposits on Minimap: Mining ore that hasnt been mined will now show up as purple pulsing dots on the minimap. This will help players to obtain the Working the Land achievement/trophy.
- Support for upcoming DLC: Demons of the Badlands, our first DLC pack, will be released on August 13th.
- House Arrest icons now reflect their proper completion status after you finish the last mission.
- Convoy spawning is now fixed after you finish the last mission. Previously some convoys would be prevented from spawning.
- Scale of some icons on the full-screen map and minimap has been fixed.
- Parties are no longer allowed to matchmake into Anarchy through the "Any Playlist" selection option.
- Ties no longer count as losses on the MP leaderboards.
- Various minor matchmaking fixes.