- Improved targeting. Units will pick best target without micromanagement, especially artillery.
- Various melee fixes/improvements. Infantry will no longer auto-fall back and annoyingly lose its position.
- Improved auto AI lines. No longer too much shifting around. Units will be sufficiently intelligent to handle their lines.
- Artillery less resilient in melee.
- Cavalry more useful, not so vulnerable as before.
- Balances in Ranged combat (toned down artillery effectiveness from High/Medium range and overall more realistic casualty rate).
- Morale fixes (not so fast retreat, overall more manageable condition for tougher/epic battles).
- Increased significantly the damage bonus in flanks/rear for even more tactical battles.
- Units that stand and shoot have increased condition endurance, so their defensive capabilities are more resilient.
- Finalized brigade/terrain visual improvement. Movements, formation appearance, 3D perception of terrain are greatly improved. You feel the battle more realistic now.
- Balanced combat damage/pace to realistic level. You now understand the importance of terrain. You lose badly until you gain the high ground and then it becomes your turn to punish your enemy.
- Much improved AI attack. AI will press and concentrate on weak spots of player army with efficiency and persistence.
- Enhanced AI defense. AI will be more active in covering weaknesses in formation and defending the high ground.
- AI now understands much better the territory it fights. AI opponents are active and respond to whatever threat you pose to them, in a realistic and challenging manner. The way that each opponent fights is really interesting to explore, in order to unlock multiple different speculative scenarios that probably you had never met.
- AI now will very often attempt to flank. It will make tactical maneuvers to place artillery on high ground and shoot at your flanks.
- AI will fall back if overwhelmed in a much more efficient manner (according to personality). It will prefer to leave ground in order to reform and counter-attack, in order to cause you more casualties.
- AI now plays out the MP scenarios better. You can play vs an AI to really test and improve yourself in multiplayer.
- Fixed AI boost mode that could work the opposite in many aspects. Now it is far more challenging.
SCENARIOS & TEXT
- In multiplayer map "Fight for two hills" the CSA have one more battery for better balance.
- In multiplayer map "What if Buford had not held McPherson Hill" the Union reinforcements delay much less, to make both sides fight quite evenly.
- Union reinforcements have reduced possible delays in many battle moments of 1st and 2nd day (Slocum appearance, multiple 2nd Day Union counter-attack scenarios). So the Union will be a much bigger threat in case CSA over-attacks.
- Various text fixes.
- Mac version got a fix in supported resolutions which could result in unstable playing environment for various Mac systems. Maximum resolution for Retina display cannot be utilized anymore but game can alt-tab without previous issues and controls' accuracy is increased 2x.