Für Ultimate General: Gettysburg ist das Update 1.7 veröffentlicht worden - rev.14398 (Single Player) und rev.14406 (Multiplayer). Die Entwickler wollen vor allem Verbesserungen an der Computerintelligenz vorgenommen haben. Die Einheiten sollen fortan automatisch das "beste Ziel" ohne Mikromanagement attackieren (meistens Artillerie) und ihre Formation bzw. Linien besser halten. Die computergesteuerten Gegner sollen außerdem energischer angreifen und effektiver verteidigen.
SCENARIOS & TEXT
- Improved targeting. Units will pick best target without micromanagement, especially artillery.
- Various melee fixes/improvements. Infantry will no longer auto-fall back and annoyingly lose its position.
- Improved auto AI lines. No longer too much shifting around. Units will be sufficiently intelligent to handle their lines.
- Artillery less resilient in melee.
- Cavalry more useful, not so vulnerable as before.
- Balances in Ranged combat (toned down artillery effectiveness from High/Medium range and overall more realistic casualty rate).
- Morale fixes (not so fast retreat, overall more manageable condition for tougher/epic battles).
- Increased significantly the damage bonus in flanks/rear for even more tactical battles.
- Units that stand and shoot have increased condition endurance, so their defensive capabilities are more resilient.
- Finalized brigade/terrain visual improvement. Movements, formation appearance, 3D perception of terrain are greatly improved. You feel the battle more realistic now.
- Balanced combat damage/pace to realistic level. You now understand the importance of terrain. You lose badly until you gain the high ground and then it becomes your turn to punish your enemy.
- Much improved AI attack. AI will press and concentrate on weak spots of player army with efficiency and persistence.
- Enhanced AI defense. AI will be more active in covering weaknesses in formation and defending the high ground.
- AI now understands much better the territory it fights. AI opponents are active and respond to whatever threat you pose to them, in a realistic and challenging manner. The way that each opponent fights is really interesting to explore, in order to unlock multiple different speculative scenarios that probably you had never met.
- AI now will very often attempt to flank. It will make tactical maneuvers to place artillery on high ground and shoot at your flanks.
- AI will fall back if overwhelmed in a much more efficient manner (according to personality). It will prefer to leave ground in order to reform and counter-attack, in order to cause you more casualties.
- AI now plays out the MP scenarios better. You can play vs an AI to really test and improve yourself in multiplayer.
- Fixed AI boost mode that could work the opposite in many aspects. Now it is far more challenging.
SCENARIOS & TEXT
- In multiplayer map "Fight for two hills" the CSA have one more battery for better balance.
- In multiplayer map "What if Buford had not held McPherson Hill" the Union reinforcements delay much less, to make both sides fight quite evenly.
- Union reinforcements have reduced possible delays in many battle moments of 1st and 2nd day (Slocum appearance, multiple 2nd Day Union counter-attack scenarios). So the Union will be a much bigger threat in case CSA over-attacks.
- Various text fixes.
- Mac version got a fix in supported resolutions which could result in unstable playing environment for various Mac systems. Maximum resolution for Retina display cannot be utilized anymore but game can alt-tab without previous issues and controls' accuracy is increased 2x.