- Updated Web control to Chromium v56.0.2924.10
- Account email and password wizards are now web based and offer usability and recovery improvements
- Game install folders can be moved to other Steam Library folders under Properties / Local Files
- Improved download/update error messages when game files are locked by other programs
- Improved error message when you fail to install a game and don't have enough disk space due to user quotas
- Added “Repair” option for Steam Library Folders to fix Windows user access rights
- Support for including log files and crash dumps in system reports when submitting some types of help requests
- Fixed a client issue causing HITMAN™ to skip one-time setup on new computers
- Fixed an issue that could cause the client to hang when the computer wakes from sleep mode
- Fixed incorrect colors in screenshots and In-Home Streaming for Vulkan applications on AMD hardware
- Added support for using the overlay keyboard for games that have launchers
- Improved display when running on retina enabled devices under OSX
- Added XBox 360, Xbox One, and Generic X-Input controller configurator support. This allows all recognized controller types to use the advanced mapping features of the Steam Controller Configurator. Note that because X-Input currently lacks per-controller means of unique identification, all controllers of that type will share personalization and configuration settings. As they share the same inputs, Xbox 360/One/Generic controllers will all see each-others configurations when browsing. Automatic conversion will be attempted when loading configurations from other controller types.
- Unrecognized Generic X-Input gamepad style controllers will be recognized by the Steam Controller Configurator once their buttons have been assigned to match a generic gamepad layout.
- Recommended configurations specified for a game by the developer will now attempt to assign based on Controller Type.
- Added option to disable Guide Button issuing a Steam focus change. This is available through the Big Picture controller options menu. This allows better interoperability with other applications which use the Guide Button, such as PSNow.
- Added Single Button simple button mode for trackpads. This allows a trackpad to be treated as a single giant button.
- Fix for free-floating On Screen Keyboard running very slowly if a game was open but did not have focus or was running windowed.
- Added independent horizontal/vertical scaling to joystick move and joystick mouse.
- Joystick Move mode no longer shows mouse sensitivity option unless mouse output is selected.
- Added additional support for third party PS4 controllers, including some HORI, MadCatz, and Armor pads and fight sticks.
- Fixed a bug with PS4 triggers where they were being scaled incorrectly, leading to maxing out of the value too soon.
- Added ability to change x-input controller order from the Controller Options menu - so in multi-controller setups of x-input games, the mapping of physical controller to x-input index can be swapped around. Note that this currently only applies to controllers that have opted into Steam Controller Configurator support.
- Fixed Configurator Switch Controller interface not showing controller icons.
- Re-enabled Gamepad outputs for desktop configurations for users of third party programs which hook into applications via the desktop configuration.
- Added XBox Controller Rumble Support
- Added ‘Turn Off Controller’ Support for PS4 Bluetooth and Wireless Receiver
- Added Open Big Picture controller action binding.
- Fixed a bug where Steam Chords wouldn't work reliably when multiple controllers were connected and disconnected in a single session.
- Fixed Volume being muted when connecting a Sony Wireless Receiver in Windows
- Fixed analog stick on-screen-keyboard interactions not working inside of Big Picture
- Fixed Guide Button not switching into Big Picture when Steam has focus but Guide Button Focus option has been disabled.
- Add support for Emio PS4 "Elite" controller
- Added overlay support for new Windows 10 Insider preview builds
- Reduced energy usage when Steam is not the active application rights
- Improved interactions between the Steam runtime and host distribution libraries, which should let Steam work out of the box with open-source graphics drivers on modern distributions. If using an older distribution or running into problems, use STEAM_RUNTIME_PREFER_HOST_LIBRARIES=0 to revert to previous behavior.
- Unify close-to-tray behavior with other platforms. If using a distribution that doesn't have proper compatible tray support, use STEAM_FRAME_FORCE_CLOSE=0
- Added idle detection, friend status will now automatically switch to Away/Snooze
- Fixed Steam not obeying SIGTERM, Steam will now gracefully exit when logging out of a session
- Fixed keyboard input and cursor switching in overlay for Vulkan applications
- Update Vulkan loader in the Steam runtime to enable Xlib support
- Updated libxcb in the runtime with a fix for DRI3-related crashes on open-source graphics drivers