Auf der offiziellen Website kündigten EA und Dice an, dass sich der Battlefield 2 Patch 1.2 in der letzten Phase der Entwicklung befindet und in nächster Zeit veröffentlicht wird. Ein genauer Release-Termin wurde nicht genannt, obwohl einige Websites behaupten, der Patch würde heute erscheinen. Außerdem kursiert eine vorzeitig veröffentlichte Version des großen Updates im Internet, die nicht zum Release freigegeben wurde.
Bei der Fansite Battlefield Nation ist übrigens folgendes Change-Log aufgetaucht:
* Dolphin Diving is no longer possible
* Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
* "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
* "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
* Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
* TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
* Damage decreased from M134
* Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
* AA missile lock has been improved
* All support kit weapons have been adjusted
* All Sniper rifles have been adjusted
* Sa80 has been adjusted
* G3A3 has been adjusted
* Reload while sprinting has been enabled
* Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
* SCAR-L reload sound has been fixed
* Server setting to allow friendly fire to be off on mines without affecting other weapons.
* Server search filters now work properly
* Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
* Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
* Flash bang effect radius decreased
* Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
* Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
* Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
* Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
* Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
* The LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
* Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
* Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
* Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
* Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum distance.
* Fixed bug with capturing a flag from outside of the flag radius.
* Fixed map selection screen issue on Wetlands
* Being able to pass through walls using a spinning tank turret has been fixed.
It has also been address on all rotating vehicle positions just to be safe.
* Tanks taking damage from the terrain has been reduced
* The Red/Blue nametag bug has been addressed
* The disappearance of tank projectiles and grenade launcher projectiles during online play has been improved
and should occur less frequently
* The distance for throwing hand grenade, ammo packs, and health packs has been increased