- Added option to use the current desktop resolution. It's the default.
- Enabled using modern monitor resolutions including Full HD.
- Added correct displaying of GUI elements, briefings and subtitles with modern monitor aspect ratios: 16:9, 16:10, 21:9
- Added separate field-of-view setups for different monitor aspect ratios.
- Added VSync option. It's on by default.
- All available text languages are selectable from the launcher.
- All available audio languages are selectable from the launcher.
- Added multiplayer NAT resolver to help connecting to Internet servers.
- Added accepting Steam invites for multiplayer game.
- Removed obsolete DirectX 8 executable versions.
- Fixed disappearing of the loading animation in fullscreen mode under modern OSs. Also dimming is applied to the GUI during loading.
- Fixed mouse cursor latency.
- Fixed lagging of NPC mission dialogs with the unpacked data files.
- Fixed the issue shortcuts stop working after switching tasks with Alt+Tab.
- Editor window size is configurable from mod_tools launcher.
- Configured window size is independent from the fullscreen game resolution.
- Nexus can be started in windowed mode from mod_tools launcher.
- Nexus can be started in windowed mode with the /win command line option.
- Mission Editor enables returning to main menu and load another mission.
- Mission and Solar System Editor enables editing main campaign's missions.
- Published former developer tool Briefing Editor to ease altering main campaign's mission briefing scenes.
- Published former developer localization tool NexLoc to ease adding new translations.
- Options saved to the user's AppData folder instead of the registry.
- Fixed Converter crash under under modern OSs.
- Editor windows startup arrangement changed, Quit buttons added.
- Editors warn about unsaved changes.
- Solar System Editor uses the usual solar system navigation GUI.