Via Steam kann ein Update für Miner Wars 2081 runtergeladen werden, das u.a. die Singleplayer-Kampange offline spielbar macht. Darüber hinaus werden alle bekannten Bugs in den Missionen etc. behoben.
- Offline mode: Steam version of Miner Wars 2081 doesn't need internet connection to start and play the campaign. User doesn't need the internet at all (there's no login).
- All known script and mission bugs, crashes, invalid checkpoints, inconsistencies are now fixed
- Reduced lags in various areas (this issue was visible mostly on dual-core systems)
- Fixed - Performance issues caused by too many bots in an area (Templar sector, Junkyard, etc)
- Fixed - Marcus small ship visible in sandbox map during his time in prison
- Fixed - Crashes in Pirate Base - after re-spawning from death
- Addons "Cheats" and "2.5D Experiment" are now available for free (to see Cheats, press Ctrl+F1 in game)
- Changed LOD blending algorithm - we don't use two buffers anymore. It has increased the performance by 5-10%
- Fixed - Various hardware compatibility issues, mostly with ATI graphic cards as a set of 2.5D death-match maps (all 2.5D sectors have 2.5D as a prefix)