Der Indie-Genremix Project Temporality von Defrost Games wirbt mit diesem Trailer für Unterstützer via Steam-Greenlight und indiegogo. Zum Spiel sagen die Entwickler auf indiegogo:
Rewind time, split it into parallel lanes and become your own ally. A bit of Braid, a bit of Portal and lots of horrible human behavior. In space.
Etwas detaillierter sind da schon die Infos bei Steam-Greenlight:
Project Temporality is a third person Action/puzzle game developed around streamlining the concept of single player cooperation. You still solve problems using multiple clones of yourself, but instead of starting over from the beginning or any other fixed position with each clone, you can spawn them at any time you like. This removes most of the waiting usually associated with synchronizing clones in this kind of games. We also removed the frustration of having to replay entire puzzles involving multiple timelines by simply allowing you to seamlessly move backwards to any point in time.
We do it like this because we want to make it easy for you to perform the solution for the puzzle once you have figured it out. No waiting or trial and error with timing. To us this is the natural evolution of time based gameplay, born out of the frustration of having played puzzles you find the solution for in 15 seconds but that still takes a long time to actually solve due to not getting the timing perfect.
In Project Temporality you don't have to spawn your clones until you really need them. There is, however, a twist. When you spawn a new clone, you lose control over the old one and instead assume control of the new. This means that you can no longer use any item you picked up before you cloned. In other words, you have to be certain that you get the right clone to the right place.
You solve puzzles by manipulating elements of the world like doors, force fields, lasers, mirrors, elevators or platforms. You control their behavior by pressing buttons. Different button-types have different limitations. Some elements require you to carry a special item to be able to manipulate it. You also need to avoid falling to your death or touching anything electrified while avoiding lasers and plasma bullets.
- At any time you can reverse the current time to any earlier point in time, to find that perfect moment for you. No more frustrating replays performing the same sequence over and over again. Just rewind and fix.
Single Player Cooperation
- This is the key part of the game. You can exist in many parallel timelines using time clones. It means that every time you need a friend's help in the game, you can be that friend. You can spawn a new time clone at any position and time in the game, and once you create a new one it’s there forever.
Multiple true timelines
- Time clones will continue to perform the actions you recorded. They are, however, still a part of the game world, and if you change the game world the end result will also change.
Temporality fielded objects
- A temporality fielded object is an object that won’t be affected by your time manipulations, because it is inside a field that cancels out all timelines except the original one.
- Warp time around you to perform special feats
By changing how time works for a clone, you can jump longer, run faster or fall slower, breaking the traditional laws of physics.
Letztes aktuelles Video: Indiegogo-Trailer