also lieber noch abwarten, zumal die server eh nicht auf das beta update upgraden werden.
also lieber noch abwarten, zumal die server eh nicht auf das beta update upgraden werden.
Der Beta-Patch (Benutzung auf eigene Gefahr!) für Quake 4 nimmt zahlreiche Änderungen am Single- und Multiplayer-Modus vor. Bisherige Speicherstände (Savegames) funktionieren nach der Installation nicht mehr. This is the BETA of our broad QUAKE 4 update. It fixes issues and adds gameplay elements throughout both single and multiplayer -- including voice chat in multiplayer, a forcemodel option, a one-minute warning for tournament matches, fixed pure server autodownloading, Hyper-Threading Technology support, smooth stairjumping and a ton of multiplayer specific fixes which have been requested by the community and discovered during our own gameplay. In short, multiplayer is fixed. ;) For a complete list of new features, fixes, and changes, please see the ReadMe file.
This update will bring any previous version of the game completely up to date, however it will affect pure server and protocol consistency. Therefore, players who update to 1.1 BETA will only be able to play multiplayer against other 1.1 BETA users, and save games created on previous versions of the game will not be compatible with the 1.1 BETA update. Please use the form at www.idsoftware.com/bugs/ to report any issues you find with the 1.1 BETA update.
Once we are satisfied the 1.1 BETA is completely solid, we will release the FINAL 1.1 update. This will be a required update and will be available through the "Update" option in the game. With that release, we'll also be including 4 all-new multiplayer maps in addition to the QUAKEMAS map pack (3 maps) that was released in December.
We are currently working with the mod team community to deliver the 1.1 SDK and bring their mods current as soon as possible. Lastly, stay tuned in the coming months for additional free game content including new maps and gametypes.
Please note that in-game console commands are not supported by Activision(r).
This Beta update for QUAKE 4 addresses issues found in both multiplayer and single player since the release of the game. A complete list of changes and additions is included below.
In addition to a number of new changes and updates, this 1.1 Beta Point Release also includes the changes from update 22.214.171.124, and beta 126.96.36.199 and beta 188.8.131.52. If you have not previously updated QUAKE 4, this update will bring your installation completely up to date. If you have previously installed an earlier update, this update can be installed over the earlier update(s) without problems - there is no need to re-install previous updates released through the id Software website. Doing so may adversely affect the proper functionality of your installation.
PLEASE NOTE: Older savegames will no longer work correctly once the 1.1 update is installed!
If you require additional QUAKE 4 technical support, please see the help system that is included with the game.
Notes for mod users:
Due to the vast number of updates and new functionality in the 1.1 Point Release, mods will have to be updated to the 1.1 code by each respective mod author in order to run correctly on the 1.1 version of Quake 4. Information regarding mods and news related to the Quake 4 SDK can be found. Activision does not provide any technical support for mods.
This update enables QUAKE 4 to take advantage of the Hyper-Threading Technology of Intel(r) Dual core processors. Players who have computer systems with this processor will notice significant performance gains in QUAKE 4. With the update, systems with a single core processor which uses the Hyper-Threading Technology will have a performance jump of up to 25% compared to non Hyper-Threaded processors. Dual core processors with Hyper-Threading Technology will see a performance increase of up to 87%. In short, systems with this technology will see the game run much faster than ever before.
Fixes & Updates in 1.1:
* Corrected an issue with skipping the ending cinematic.
* Pentium(r) M processors will now be properly detected.
* When using right-click to lower the video quality, the user will be prompted to apply the change immediately.
* Corrected a stability issue related to old sound drivers.
* Added doImpulse and doButton commands to support button actions and impulses via the console. For example:
+ bind l "doButton +_moveup; wait 5; doButton -_moveup;"
+ bind l "doImpulse _impulse1; wait 10; doImpulse _impulse5"
* Several sound issues have been corrected.
* Added mouse acceleration functionality with the m_accel cvar. This is only available through the console. Higher values give more acceleration.
* Video option changes can be applied immediately instead of restarting the game.
* Widescreen option will no longer affect the menus adversely.
* The FOV (g_fov) can now be adjusted higher than 110. We do not recommend values higher than 110.
* Application stability improved when setting the Sound Device to General Software with a Creative X-Fi sound card.
* Implemented an AddOn PK4 system similar to Doom 3(tm) v1.3
* Resolved an issue with the level editor not working correctly with SMP enabled.
* Corrected a few localized string errors.
* Added a new cvar for adjusting the look speed while zoomed: pm_zoomedSlow (defaults to 100). This can be adjusted from 1 to 100: lower numbers are slower.
* Finalized network demos: replay client or server recordings of network game or run performance tests - info.
* Voice chat for Multiplayer is now available! To use voice chat, a microphone must be present and working on the system. After setting up the microphone correctly in your operating system, a Voice Chat key must be set in the Settings/Controls/Other tab, which is accessed from the Main Menu. Configuration of the voice chat options such as Mic Input Volume, Receive Volume, etc can only be accessed in the ESC menu s "Voice Config" option once you have successfully loaded into a multiplayer match. When in any team game (TeamDM/CTF/ArenaCTF), only teammates can hear the speaker. When in a non-team game, all players can hear the speaker.
* Added sorting functionality for the Multiplayer Friends List.
* Added a forcemodel option. Typing one of the three commands below and using tab complete will bring up a list of usable models for that command:
+ g_forceModel forces all players displayed on the client machine to one of the models listed below, in non-team gameplay modes. The available models are:
+ g_forceMarineModel will force all Marine players displayed on the client machine to one of the models listed below, in team gameplay modes. The available models are:
+ g_forceStroggModel will force all Strogg players displayed on the client machine to one of the models listed below, in team gameplay modes. The available models are:
* Variables for private clients have been implemented. All of these options must be set from the console or in config scripts:
+ si_privatePlayers: This is the number of private player slots reserved on the server. It subtracts from si_maxPlayers, so a server with si_maxPlayers 16 and 4 private player slots will only allow 12 public players to connect.
+ g_privatePassword: This is the server-side password setting.
+ privatePassword: This is the client password used to access a server's private player slots. This must be set from the console.
* Added a voting option to shuffle teams.
* Added a one-minute warning for tournament matches.
* Added a server-side console variable that will allow enabling or disabling of voting options. si_voteFlags (which defaults to 0, meaning nothing disabled) is the variable, and it uses a bit mask system:
+ bit 0 (+1) restart map
+ bit 1 (+2) min players
+ bit 2 (+4) auto balance teams
+ bit 3 (+8) shuffle teams
+ bit 4 (+16) kick player
+ bit 5 (+32) change map
+ bit 6 (+64) change gametype
+ bit 7 (+128) time limit
+ bit 8 (+256) tourney round limit
+ bit 9 (+512) capture limit
+ bit 10 (+1024) frag limit
* Sum the total of the parenthetical numbers for each of the vote options you want to disable. For example, to disable voting on "kick player," "change gametype," and "frag limit," add the numbers: 16, 64, and 1024 (total of 1104), and set on the server: si_voteFlags 1104. Please note that any changes will not take effect until after a map restart, and anyone viewing the voting options during that transitory phase will not see the changes unless they back out to the game and then enter the shell again.
* When aiming at a teammate in a team game, their health and armor level shows under their name.
* When spectating and following, viewing the MP Statistics (default key 'Z') now shows the stats of whoever you are following.
* The Game Browser now has scroll bar arrows to scroll through one server at a time.
* Players will be notified when teams are rebalanced.
* There is a new system by which players may anonymously report their usage statistics to the developers, such as type of video card, amount of system RAM, the presence of a DVD drive, etc. After installing the 1.1 patch, the first time the game starts, a confirmation window will appear. At this point, the player may choose to enable anonymous usage statistic reporting. Alternately, this may be set ahead of time with a cvar, net_reportUsageStatistics.
* Added a "simple items" cvar so that item pickups will appear as icon representations instead of the actual model. Use g_simpleitems 1/0 to enable and disable. This is only available in the console.
* The serverInfo command will now report more accurate data.
* After playing a Multiplayer game and disconnecting, the Game Browser will be displayed instead of the Main Menu.
* Name coloring in team game death messages is now disabled.
* The variables pm_bobpitch, pm_bobroll, pm_bobup, pm_crouchbob, pm_runbob, pm_runpitch, pm_runroll and pm_walkbob are no longer cheat protected.
* The dedicated server executable no longer requires a sound card or a pixel shader-capable video card.
* With Weapon Stay enabled, a notifying sound will play when running over a weapon you already possess.
* Player spawn code has been adjusted to mimic the spawn style of Quake III Team Arena.
* Strafe-jumping on stairs is smoother.
* When under 25 health, the player will hear a different pain grunt to indicate that health is especially low.
* Increased the volume of the sound that plays when you hit an opponent in Multiplayer.
* Slightly increased the volume of other player's Lightning Gun and Railgun hum noises to make them easier to hear.
* Spectators will no longer be counted as "on a team" for auto-balancing purposes.
* The CTF "Defense" award has been adjusted to provide the achievement within a larger radius from any team flag and enemy flags carried by a teammate.
* Improved Gametype selections to properly display the appropriate map types in the map selection pane of the Create Server menu.
* Adjusted the text "You are not ready" when ready mode is enabled so that it is more obvious to players.
* Spectator players will only see chat messages from other spectators, and will not see team chat.
* When a player disconnects from a Tournament match early, the server will now seed the remaining players correctly for the remainder of the match.
* PunkBuster(tm) now properly enables and disables in the server setup screen.
* Muted icons now display properly on the scoreboard tab of the End-Game Summary window.
* The Ammo Regen powerup now functions correctly when using the Machinegun.
* The Invisibility powerup sound no longer carries over to arena 1 from other arenas.
* A Dedicated server will no longer crash if warmup is off and all players disconnect from the server.
* Tournament mode matches will enter sudden death properly after players reach the frag limit simultaneously.
* Corrected an inconsistency with falling damage in Multiplayer.
* PunkBuster rcon output will now be displayed properly to connected clients.
* Projectiles will no longer appear to travel through map geometry on clients with slower internet connections.
* Jump sounds will no longer get stuck occasionally when gibbing someone.
* The "One Minute Warning" will no longer be heard during warm up.
* Projectiles will no longer fly sideways through teleporters.
* Player corpses will not disappear so suddenly if the player force respawns.
* Item effects will now always be aligned with the item pickup.
* Icons no longer lag behind the player model.
* Players will no longer hear old countdown announcements when spawning into a new tournament arena.
* Powerups in tournament games no longer drop into the wrong arenas.
* Switching between the Summary and Statistics screens of the End-Game Summary window will no longer reset the Statistics to 0.
* Items will not bob so quickly after a server has been active for a long while.
* Improved server stability.
* In Tournament games, gibs from other arenas will no longer be visible.
* Corrected an issue dealing with connecting to password-protected servers while running the game in windowed mode.
* The video settings should no longer revert to default when connecting to servers while running the game in windowed mode.
* Clicking "Get New List" in the Game Browser will no longer create phantom servers in the list.
* Fixed call vote stability for clients running a Spanish or French version of the game.
* Playing back net demos will no longer cause a crash.
* When playing back a net demo with a mapchange in it, the game will no longer attempt to connect to the server on which the game was recorded.
* Fixed announcer not understanding zero fraglimit setting when negative numbers are expressed from client suicides.
* Gametype can be changed to CTF with the RCON command.
* The number of votes will be displayed correctly for the player calling for the vote.
* If a spectating player votes at the end of a tourney, the vote announcement will be properly heard.
* The map list will properly display when calling a vote to change the map.
* The player will now always pick up ammo if they are not carrying the maximum amount of ammo.
* The player will properly die when killed by clamp and barrels in the Putra level.
* Corrected a progression break in the Hub 1 map.
* The player will properly die when killed by the plate compressor in the Tram 1 level.
* The player will no longer be able to exit the Medlabs ride at the beginning of the level.
* Fixed Gladiator's AI state when his shield is disabled with the Lightning Gun.
Surround Speakers option in Advanced Audio settings cannot be enabled if Windows Sound options are not set correctly on the local machine.
Players with 5.1 surround sound must set their Advanced Speaker Settings to Surround 5.1 instead of Desktop Stereo:
1. From the Windows(r) Control Panel, select "Sounds and Audio Devices."
2. In the "Speaker Settings" area, click the "Advanced" button.
3. Make sure that the speakers are set to "5.1 Surround" or "Surround 5.1" instead of "Desktop Stereo."
If this is not set correctly, then enabling the Surround Speakers setting will not apply, and will default back to off.
Der Beta-Patch (Benutzung auf eigene Gefahr!) für Quake 4 nimmt zahlreiche Änderungen am Single- und Multiplayer-Modus vor. Bisherige Speicherstände (Savegames) funktionieren nach der Installation nicht mehr.
This is the BETA of our broad QUAKE 4 update. It fixes issues and adds gameplay elements throughout both single and multiplayer -- including voice chat in multiplayer, a forcemodel option, a one-minute warning for tournament matches, fixed pure server autodownloading, Hyper-Threading Technology support, smooth stairjumping and a ton of multiplayer specific fixes which have been requested by the community and discovered during our own gameplay. In short, multiplayer is fixed. ;) For a complete list of new features, fixes, and changes, please see the ReadMe file.