- Name plates have been added to players. These name plates will display when you target another player.
- New reputation titles have been added to the game. Reputation icons will display under nameplates for easy identification of friendly or foe! (everyone's titles will be reset to civilian)
- Leaderboards have been added to the games main menu.
- Every new character will now start with a flashlight. Even after the initial starter items have been used.
- A Flare gun has been added to the game.
- A server hopping fix has been added to the game.
- Added the ability to remove the game hud by pressing F12 while in game.
- It is now possible to turn the flash light off while wielding it. Press F to toggle the flashlight on and off.
- The in game map will now properly zoom in and out.
- Toxicity has been added to the game.
- Update backpacks weights - Reduced max backpack weight. Just to be safe put everything in your GI before patch. If you are too heavy you will not be able to move.
- GC transaction log has been added (in marketplace there will be button to check your GC statement)
- Memory optimizations
- Fixed a bug that had characters set to revive at 99hrs.
- The targeting reticle has been changed back to a cross.
- Overgrowth has been added to main city structures. This is still a work in progress.
- Added a bunch of furniture to the interior of some buildings and houses.
- Opened up the interiors of some additional buildings. We will be adding a lot more in the future as well!
- Added Mini Saints snacks to the game.
The way we are approaching this issue is by handling the players position on a per server basis. You will always retain your location on the server that you logged out on, however if you switch servers you will be moved to a random location near your last known location on the previous server; then your position will be saved on the new server. If you are logged out of the game for greater than 10 minutes you will not be affected by these changes. This is subject to change as we gather data once the system has been implemented on live servers. Think of it similarly to how the current death system works. When you die you are placed in a random position relative to where you died. This is how it will work when you join a new server.
Let's get down to the details of the system:
You log out on server US001 and then log back in to US001, you will be at the exact location you logged out from.
You then leave US001 and join US002; the server looks at your last known position (US001) and then spawns you randomly in that same general area. When you spawn there will be a system message in chat that reads ?You have been moved to a new location because you have changed servers. (or something close to that)? Your position is saved on US002.
You then go to US003 what happens?
The server looks at your last known location (US002) and randomly spawns the you in the general area you were at on US002. Now, you leave US003 and go to US002 and are spawned randomly near where you were on server US003. Your position is saved on US002
What happens if you go BACK to US001?
The server looks at your last known location (US002) and randomly spawns you in the general area you were at for US002. Your position is now saved on US001.
We have a large variety of leaderboards, listing the top 2000 people in each category. The categories are: experience, survived time, zombies killed, survivors killed, bandits killed, heroes, villains. Most of those are pretty self explanatory, but to clarify the last two - with our new reputation system the Hero and Villain leaderboards track the highest ranked in their respective categories. Getting to either Paragon or Villain will be very difficult to achieve.
To give everyone a breakdown on how toxicity works:
When a zombie hits you, theres a chance you'll be infected. Once infected, your toxicity level will increase at varying speeds depending on your level of infection As the infection spreads through you, you will begin to lose health, slowly at first, then rapidly as the Toxicity takes hold?until you find a cure or die. Using vaccines will stave off or cure the infection. Bottom line: don't get bit!
Last week we previewed the new reputation system, and this week we'd like to go into it a bit more.
There are 6 levels on each side of the spectrum, ranging from Constable to Paragon, and Thug to Villain. The early levels in these trees will be relatively easy to get...but getting higher ranks will be quite difficult.
Killing lawmen and civilians earns you negative points, pushing you further down the bandit tree. If you aren't careful, and continue killing, you'll end up with the label of Outlaw or higher. Once you've crossed this boundary the only way to redeem yourself will be to create a new character. Conversely, a Lawman who changes his colors will be severely penalized for killing other lawmen and civilians, and will quickly lose his ranks if he's not careful, sliding quickly into the bandit tree."